I'm so lucky to have so many furiends!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Something Strange is Happening

I'm not real sure what is going on but Momma has been keeping this bag of "stuff" on the counter for the past 10 days. Sometimes she adds stuff to it and sometimes she squeezes the bag--weird! This "stuff" doesn't smell normal either. Well, tonight, she decided to do something else with this bag. Here is what the bag looked like to start with....
Momma spent quite a bit of time working on this "stuff". She told me she was baking something and that is what's strange. My momma does not bake. She had to go buy flour, baking powder, baking soda, and even the pans to bake the "stuff" in. I even think she had to buy some Cinnamon. Don't get me wrong, she does cook...she just doesn't ever bake anything...especially from scratch.
I had to stay in the kitchen and keep a close eye on what was happening. I was under Momma's feet the whole time. While down there making sure everything was going as planned something fell on me and then Momma started laughing. Glad I could give her something to make her happy....So, anyway, the "stuff" in the bag turned into bread and it smelled really good while it was baking.

The other strange thing that happened was that one bag of "stuff" turned into this:
Now, what are we gonna do with even more of that "stuff"?


6 comments:

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Twix
That bread looks really yummy. Hope you got a little taste.
Welcome to DWB. We love being friends with cute little doxies.
Love Ruby & Penny

Bijou said...

Hi Twix,

I thought maybe she was going to make you some treats. BOL Did you get to taste the bread. It looks yummy.

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I was going to guess a Herman khake!

Yummmmmm!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

SEDONA said...

Hi Twix! Thanks for checking out my blog! You have the *best* blog header picture!
My human recognized the squishy bag right away as she has made "Amish" Friendship Bread before.
Too bad we doggies can't lick the tops of our heads like kitties do (with the help of a paw, of course)...that stuff is good!
Wags from your new pal,
Sedona

Lorenza said...

Hi, Twix!
I was clueless until I read Sedona's comment!
You need to give us more details about those breads!
When my grandma is cooking, I am always right beside her... and always something lands on my head!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Checkers & Chess said...

that bread looks delish - I'm not allowed to eat bread - don't know why - something about not getting fat - doesn't seem fair. I'm with Sedona on the header pix - it's terrific