I'm so lucky to have so many furiends!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Twix's Flashback Friday: To My Loyal Fans

This post doesn't just bring back memories of Twix but also Mango.  I know they are having a blast hanging out at The Bridge.  Can't you see the two of them together....Petite princess Twix and the Relentlessly Huge Mango?

Today's Flashback was originally posted on
February 1, 2010.

To My Loyal Fans

I just couldn't believe it when Mom told me I won "Reader's Choice" at Mango Minster 2010. There were so many great hounds competing it still just blows my mind! Thank you so much to each and every one of you that voted for me. I am greatly touched.
Let me set the scene for you.....
Mom comes home from work, brings in the groceries (nothing in there for me), puts the groceries away, and then gives me my daily treat. Just normal stuff. Nothing special, right? Then she boots up the computer and quickly checks Mango Minster and sees that I won. She came into the living room to tell me and sees me napping under my covers. 

She yanks the covers off me and wakes me up. 
"Twix, why are you sleeping? Your public has spoken!"

Huh? What? 
What in the world are you talking about? 
You really have lost your marbles haven't you? 
I don't know what she was expecting me to do. 
I wasn't hearing any food being opened in the kitchen.
"Twix, you won Reader's Choice at Mango Minster!"
*Shocked*

I'm not sure I heard that correctly.....she assured me I did.
Oh, my, I'm feeling faint.....

Next, the Pupparatzi showed up....

I had to give my adoring public what they were waiting for.....


Ok, enough already! 

Stop, please stop!

One more? Ok....but only of my paw. 
I'm certain my cute feeties are what cinched the win for me.

Thank you to all who voted for me. I am honestly stunned!
As Frankie Furter said.....
I'm a Winner Wiener!
;o)

Onto the news about the actual competition part:
The judges came into the ring first. Don't Martha and Bailey look totally fab? Um, I'm not quite sure what to say about Mango though. You don't suppose he was pranked do you?

Winner of 3rd place was,,, 
Groucho.

Winner of 2nd place was,,,
Shasta.

And first place goes to.....
Bunny.

A true hound if I ever saw one!
Now, get over there and vote for your favorite in the Herding Group!
Also, stop by Mango Minster to view all the judging results and to get links to all the competitors and judges.

16 comments:

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

{sigh} Aren't memories wonderful??

Hap-Pee Weekend!
:)

Millie and Walter said...

Our mom says she sure misses Mango Minster. It was a lot of fun.

houndstooth said...

Mango Minster was so much fun! Thanks for the trip down memory road!

Bunny

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMD OMD I (Frankie Furter) remember every thrilling Second of this.
AND I stand by what I said about Twix... she WAS and IS a
Winning Wiener !!!

and SO is TAFFY!!!!!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

That brought back lots of memories for us, all those dogs who've gone to the Bridge or dropped off the radar!

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Yamini MacLean said...

hari Om
I wasn't there - but I can totally understand why angel Twix won!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Daisy said...

What a sweet flashback! I wasn't born when this happened, so it was a thrilling {first time} read!!!!
oxox
Daisy

Molly the Airedale said...

MangoMinster was the bestest and so much fun!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Murphy said...

Wow, that was quite an honor. Taffy has big paws to fill but we have faith in her!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What wonderful memories!!

Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

I remember those days like it was yesterday. Mango and Twix at the bridge. Wow, that's gotta be fun and Weenie is tagging right along I bet.


{{{huggies}}}......Mona

Dexter said...

Mango Minster! What great memories.

Mango Momma

Mollie said...

We are like Daisy, I wasn't born but it was great to read and the photo's are just funtastix. xxxooxxx

Mollie and Alfie

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Mango Minster was such a good time! Great memories!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

A MilShelb Mom said...

We love reading these flashbacks! We certainly miss Twix!

Isn't it great to be able to look back on memories? :)

~Milly and Shelby

Dexter said...

You know what? It's that time of year... I wonder if there is a Mango Minster going on right now over the Rainbow Bridge.

Kisses,
Dexter