I'm so lucky to have so many furiends!

Monday, February 1, 2010

To My Loyal Fans

I just couldn't believe it when Mom told me I won "Reader's Choice" at Mango Minster 2010. There were so many great hounds competing it still just blows my mind! Thank you so much to each and every one of you that voted for me. I am greatly touched.
Let me set the scene for you.....
Mom comes home from work, brings in the groceries (nothing in there for me), puts the groceries away, and then gives me my daily treat. Just normal stuff. Nothing special, right? Then she boots up the computer and quickly checks Mango Minster and sees that I won. She came into the living room to tell me and sees me napping under my covers. 
She yanks the covers off me and wakes me up. 
"Twix, why are you sleeping? Your public has spoken!"
Huh? What? 
What in the world are you talking about? 
You really have lost your marbles haven't you? 
I don't know what she was expecting me to do. 
I wasn't hearing any food being opened in the kitchen.
"Twix, you won Reader's Choice at Mango Minster!"
*Shocked*
I'm not sure I heard that correctly.....she assured me I did.
Oh, my, I'm feeling faint.....
Next, the Pupparatzi showed up....
I had to give my adoring public what they were waiting for.....
Ok, enough already! 
Stop, please stop!
One more? Ok....but only of my paw. 
I'm certain my cute feeties are what cinched the win for me.
Thank you to all who voted for me. I am honestly stunned!
As Frankie Furter said.....
I'm a Winner Wiener!
;o)

Onto the news about the actual competition part:
The judges came into the ring first. Don't Martha and Bailey look totally fab? Um, I'm not quite sure what to say about Mango though. You don't suppose he was pranked do you?
Winner of 3rd place was,,, 
Groucho.
Winner of 2nd place was,,,
Shasta.
And first place goes to.....
Bunny.
A true hound if I ever saw one!
Now, get over there and vote for your favorite in the Herding Group!
Also, stop by Mango Minster to view all the judging results and to get links to all the competitors and judges.

35 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

KHONGRATS!

That was khwite a PAWesome win fur woo!

Mango Minster 2010 has been soooo furry exciting!

He SO knows how to do it!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

kalyxcorn said...

yippee!

hugs,
b

Martine said...

!!!!!! We are SO glad you won readers choice TWIXIE BABY!!!!!!


xo martine & the kiddlets

Sally said...

Congratulations on your big win - We had to stop by and say Hello and Well done!

Lots of licks
Sally and Paddy

Kate said...

Congratulations Twix!! What a fantastical prize!

Life With Dogs said...

Big congrats!

koko said...

Congratulations, Twix! You're the choice dawg alright!

Licks, hero

Kapitein Haakje said...

Congratulations TWIX!!
we so glad that you won the reader choise

kissslobbers
El'bow & hauwii

BRUTUS said...

Whoo Hoo!! WTG Twix!! We saw you were pulling away from the competition when we voted, so glad to hear that you were able to hold off any late charges from the competition!! No wonder you won the readers' choice award - who could resist that cute, soft belly??? ENjoy basking in the glow!!

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

I'm so happy you won. Nobody deserves it better than you!!

Mommy is so ready for spring. Our hibiscus plants got burnt with all the hard cold & Mommy doesn't think they will come back. She loves the flower pick you posted the other day, we had some that looked just like that.

{{{huggies}}}...Mona

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

we are so pleased for you sweetie! and Groucho got 3rd!!!! we are so excited!!

Ruby and Penny said...

Congrats Twix!!
We think you are a Winner Wiener too.
Love Ruby & Penny

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

No one deserved it more. LOVE LOVE LOVE all your pics. Esp. the "shy" one.

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Congratulations Twix!! Way to go!!

Woofs and Kisses!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

A wiener winner or a Winner Wiener - we love it!!! Congrats to Twix. Your humility at the announcement is pawesome - look at that wonderful photoshoot. Don't be shy, Twix - enjoy the limelight - you deserve it.

Woos, Phantom and Thunder

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Congratulations Twix, you go girl!!! We knew you would win!!

Waggles & Chi kisses, Chewy & Lilibell

DoMoFi said...

omd! congrats!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! A BIG CONGRATS again. You surely deserve it. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Cloud the Wonder Dog said...

WOOHOO, Congratulations TWIX!!! :-)

Luv,
Cloud

Kari in Alaska said...

Congrats! You deserved it :)

sadermaxx said...

Hi Twix

We are so happy that you won the hound group.
Hay, maybe someone should let the AKC and Westminster know about the win, the public has spoken and it seems like a wiener dog never wins at the AKC or Westminster dog shows.

The Army of Four said...

Congrats, Twix!!! We're so happy for you!
Play bows,
Zim

Thor and Jack said...

Congrats Twix!!

Thor

Unknown said...

How did you know, Twix? That we're loyal? And you are correct! As for your face when you got the news... priceless. You were really shocked, huh? Way to go! Congrats to all entrants and winners both! As for the voting, it's nuts. I love what they're doing over at MM. I believe today my category, Sporty Dog gets a preview. Wish me luck, Twix!
Twink!

Bijou said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS Twix!

We are so happy for you!!

Waggles,
Bijou

Josie said...

Congratulations TWIX,

You definitely deserve the Award.

You do have the best doggie feet too!

Woof soon, much love!

Martha said...

Congratulations Twix, you are such a great Reader choice and we loved your Diva pics today!
You are right it was a very hard group with lots of great hounds. We really do declare everyone a winner!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

Congratulations Twix! You are definitely this reader's choice!

Chihuahua kisses,
The Munchkins

Ms. ~K said...

Wrooo wroooo!
We're so proud of you, but not surprised!!!
Licks and sniffs from your biggest fans,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

Elizabeth said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Twix

you deserve it

I love you
from
Buster

Lorenza said...

Congratulations Twix!
I knew it! I knew it!
Very well deserved and I am very happy for you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Cole said...

Woohoo! That's awesome, Twix! Your mom must be so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Glad you won Twix... you got my vote:)

Cocorue said...

not surprised you won, dear Twix...congrats biiig time

chikisses
coco

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning reader's choice!