I'm so lucky to have so many furiends!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What I Got

My goodness! I have been a very lucky girl lately and have received lots and lots of things.  So, in no particular order, I wanted to show you what all I've gotten.
I received this beautiful award from El'bow and Hauwii. They are fairly new to the blogging world so please stop by and give them a great big Dogs with Blogs welcome! Thank you so much El'bow and Hauwii for thinking of me and sharing the Sweet Friends Award with me. You guys rock!
I also received this award from my guy, Hero. Don't tell anyone this, ok? I think Hero is sweet on me ;o) And I have to admit, I have a bit of a crush on him too. He always makes me smile! If you haven't met the handsome Hero you should stop by and say Hello. Thanks for sharing this Sweet award with me, Sweetie!
This award comes with the rules to share 10 things that make you happy and to pass it along to 10 bloggers.
Happiness =
* The cupcakes on the award for starters
* My Daddy and Momma
* Knowing my Grandma is doing well with her chemo
* Having wonderful blogging furiends just like you
* Treats
* Sunbathing 
* Snuggling under the warm covers
* Knowing my wonderful blogging furiends love and care about each other
* Summer (the opposite of winter!)
* Snuggling 
I would like to pass this award on to these furiends of mine.
NOTE: These are all relatively new doggie bloggers. I know that DWB is down temporarily so I thought I would take a minute and introduce them to you!
Winnie and Lilly                 Yodi
Tales from a Doxie         Gone to the Snow Dogs
Keiko                        Josie
Mr. Koda, MD           Ginger, Chip, and Thai
 Hailey                      Darcy
.....just don't eat the cupcakes....they are mine!
Note: Darcy is the new puppy of my vet, Dr. Abby. Dr. Abby has started a blog to document her experiences as a puppy mom and to see if she can follow her own advice....Good luck with that Dr. Abby!

A while back I had my first giveaway and one of my winners was Sharon at Sharon's Paws Create. When Sharon had her first giveaway I told you about it and she was so appreciative she sent me a thank you gift. 
This is a set of her photo cards. What a wonderful gift!
Thank you so very much Sharon. I always love looking at your photography and art! Thanks for being a great friend!

I am very behind on posting some of these things but I also received the 2010 Shining Star Award from my pals at Zoolatry about a month ago. Maggy, Zoey, and their Mom give me a giggle several times a week. Stop in sometime for a smile ;o)

I also received the Best of Pals Award from my home girls, Martha and Bailey. Bailey has had a rough time recently and was attacked by some mean dogs. Stop by and give her some words of encouragement when you have time. I know it will make her feel better.
Yes, I know I should have posted those two awards a LONG time ago but I wanted to be different and not post them when everyone else did. Yeah, that's my excuse. Good one, don't ya think?

I also received a wonderful Valentine's Day card from my good furiend Mona! Mona and her Mommy do a lot of work with Dachshund Rescue of Houston. They are wonderful advocates for pups looking for furever homes. Please stop by and say hi if you don't know Mona.

Dasha at Din lumea mea (In my world) gave me another wonderful award. She loves my blog! 
Please stop by and visit Dasha. She lives in Romania and talks about what a beautiful country she lives in and how much she loves her country. Unfortunately, dogs are not treated respectfully but Dasha is trying to make a difference. I see some similarities between what Dasha describes and how Lorenza says dogs are treated in her beloved Mexico.

I'm sure you remember that I won Reader's Choice for the Hound group at Mango Minster. Well, look what I found in my pee mail today:
Hehe! Isn't that cute! Thank you again Mango and Mango Momma for all your hard work!

Not only did I receive that prestigious badge but I also won a copy of Twinkie's book. Twink is a great pal of mine who is always causing trouble very sweet. Please stop by and tell her I sent ya! 
Hmmmm, what is in here? 
Are you kidding me? That is my girl, Twinkie!
I'm not sure, should I read the book first or take a nap first?
I think I'll read the book.
Awww, Twink you are so cute!
Twinkie tells her story of being lost, being found, finding her Mom, her siblings, getting a sister, etc. Twinkie was sick when she picked out her Mom and she remained sick for a very long time. Her Mom must be a wonderful human for all that she puts up with from Twink for all the time and work she put into saving Twink with no guarantee that Twink would make it. 
We love you Twinkie's Mom! Thanks for investing in The Tiniest Dog in the World and for sharing her with us!

I apologize if I missed any awards that were given to me.  It might help if I didn't wait a couple months to acknowledge them. If you have given me an award and I didn't mention it please let me know.

Whew! I am worn out after that post! Twinkie might be the tiniest dog in the world but I feel like the 
Luckiest Dog in the World!

36 comments:

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

Hi Twix,

Congrats on all your awards! Wow! You may be tiny but you are mighty sweet!

Luv ya,
Riley and Star.

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

What wonderful awards you have!!! Twinkie does have a special story. Happy reading.


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

Unknown said...

Twix? Are you sure you got my book? BOL OMD what a post today. You are the luckiest dog in the world. I would like to also say, way to put your grandma on your list. Congratulations on three awards, the beautiful and prestigious MM2010 certificate with your winning photo...
Wait, I just want to say I'm pretty lucky myself. You read the book. The last chapter, so far would be: I started to blog and met many interesting and wonderful furiends that I'm grateful for.
I'll rush you the Twink book now. BOL
Twinkie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a pawesomely pakhked post!

Khongrats!
Khongrats!!
Khongrats!!!

Thanks fur sharing all woo did!

We are glad to see your grandma is doing well on her 'chemo'!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Cole said...

Congrats on your awards!!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Furst, I am sooo very much glad to hear the good news about your grandma.
Congratulations on your nearly 87 Awards. You certainly deserve every one of them.
That Twinkie is a case isn't she??? I'm just sayin'.
I have been missing you a lot.
Your Top Ten list is grrrreat.
Awwww you sure have kept you HERO a big secret. I'm going to have to check him out for myself, butt I'm SURE your dad has already done that. I'm just sayin'.

Lorenza said...

Twix!
Congratulations on all your Awards!
Very well deserved!
Thanks for sharing your happy things with us!
Glad to know your Grandma is doing well!
Dasha is the best, right?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

koko said...

Hi sweetie,

Congrats on all the awards... you go girl! Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you.

Licks, hero

kalyxcorn said...

what a great job keeping up! I could never stay that up to date!!

hugs,
b

Kate said...

WOW Thanks Twix, my first award!!!!

Thank you so very very muchly!!!

AND congratulations on all of your awards!!! You deserve every one!

Hope you are faring well and keeping snug

Koda

Kapitein Haakje said...

your welcome
you diserv that award :)

and what a cool book!!

Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

BRUTUS said...

Wow, Twix! Your pawrents are going to have to build a new wing on the house to hold all your awards! I too have had them sort of pile up on me before I get around to dusting them off & getting the awards posted!! And how cool that Twinkie sent you her book - did she pawtigraph it for you too??

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

Anonymous said...

Hi Twix, congratulations on the awards. What great and cute pictures. Your picture with the photos is very cute. Have a great day

GonetoTheSnowDogs said...

Congratulations!! One day we hope to have as many blog followers and friends as you do!

Hailey said...

Twixie!!!!! Thank you for my honorable (coming from you!) mention and wonderful (burp) cupcakes, I mean award!!!! That was really thoughtful of you to fill in while DWB are temp down... we hope Greg is doing well and wish him lot's og licks and hugs...... OMD Twix! Can you believe that it's just about my one year blogversary? My mom said she's gotta do something really cool for me... I hope she doesn't forget. So many things have been going on that she hasn't had much time to assist me with blogging. You are such a lucky lady to have received all those pressies and awards! Sorry about eating one of your cupcakes.... I love cake! Drop by and have a fudge brownie and a handful of cookies!

I am honored to post your gift!

Luv ya lady!

Hugs & smoochies xoxo
Hailey

Martha said...

Hi Twix, we never saw so many Awards - congratulations!
You so deserve them, Nice to hear about your Grandma too - it has not been the easiest of times for her.
Lovely book from Twinkie too.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

No wonder you are tired, Twix. Your post has so much news and fun and awards in it. Congrats on all those awards and we hope you enjoyed Twink's book.

Happy napping - hope you are enjoying this beautiful day we have in KC today.

Woos, Phantom and Thunder

Ms. ~K said...

Everyone loves Twix!!!
Glad to hear Grandma is doing well w/ her chemo!
~K

The Army of Four said...

Woo, Twix! Congrats on all the cool awards and stuff! I think the BESTEST part of your post was hearing that Grandma is doing well with her chemo!!! Wooooo! That is really great news!
Luv,
Dave
PS: I'll go say howdy to Darcy!

Winnie and Lilly said...

Twix,
Congrats on all your awards! And thanks for our very first award, we both love it lots. Lilly wants to eat all the cupcakes, but I told her that only doxies and part-doxies can have them...and she believed me! BOL! Anyway, thanks again.
Winnie

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Twix!
Congrats on all your awards!
Glad to hear your grandma is doing well!
Twinkie's book looks very cool!
Great post!

Thor

Kari in Alaska said...

you sure did get a lot but you deserved it all!

SassySashadoxie said...

Wow, you's so lucky. Alls I won lately is a play date at my wiener buddies house. But, oh well. Us wienies are all winners. Congrats on all your prizes and stuff. Sasha the wiener dog.

Heather said...

Yay for you on all the awards - that is pawsome!

Great reading pics too - that book looks very good!

Sandra said...

Thank you Twix! We are honored. It means a lot to get such a great award from a cutie pie like you. Also, we've never been known to say no to anything cupcake related.

Thanks!
Dottie, Alven and Flash

Cocorue said...

pawsome awards Twixie.....ooooh, so many and you are sooooooo deserving.

Twinkie has a book, how great and did you get her pawtograph????

chikisses
coco

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Congratulations on all of your lovely awards, Twix!! That book looks really good!!

Woofs and Kisses!

Winnie and Lilly said...

Hey Twix,
Check out our blog, we gave a thank you speech for the friend award you sent us.
Peace out,
Winnie

Ruby's Raiser said...

Twix, congratulations on your awards, so well-deserved! :)

Abby Snyder said...

Thanks for the nod Twix! You know you are my inspiration!

Bijou said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on all your awards sweet Twixie! We loved your happy list. I will go check out the new blogs asap.

Waggles,
Bijou

Lacy said...

w00fs, congrats on ur award Twix, mama wants me to ask u ifffin ur grandma has losed all her hairs...mama has....welll most of it anyways...lots of new pups to check out..

b safe,
~rocky~

Lacy said...

pps, Twix, have ur grandma check out mamas cancer journey...its on the sidebar of me bloggie...

~rocky~

Anonymous said...

Thank you soooo much twix you are sooo awesome and sweet I hope we too can become very very close furiends!!

wags and licks,
keiko

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Be sure to stop by our bloggie today! We've given you an award!!

Woofs and Kisses!

My Mind's Eye said...

Twix EXCELLENT post and worth waiting for!! Congrats on all the awards and winning a copy of Twinkie's book. We had no idea she was a published authoress!!!

Madi and Mom