I'm so lucky to have so many furiends!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Cookie Recipe Exchange: Graham Cracker Pralines

Thanks to my furiend, Daisy, and her mom 
for coming up with this great blog hop!
http://dailydaisydog.blogspot.com/2013/12/bake-cookies-day-blog-hop.html

This is a recipe that came from my grandma and everyone who has ever tasted them thinks they are fantastic!  
Of course, I have never gotten to taste them.

Graham Cracker Pralines
24 graham cracker squares
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans

Spread graham cracker squares on a cookie sheet.  It is ok if you need to break them to make them fit on the pan.

Place butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over graham crackers and spread evenly.  
  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  They will be bubbly when you take them out of the oven.  Cool for a few minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. 

Your end result should look something like this:

I know these seem ridiculously easy 
but they are ridiculously yummy! 
I've even heard that they are addictive! 

ENJOY!!!

16 comments:

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

OK...I's addicted. Now how do me get da Momma into da kitchen??? Her is still tryin to unpack boxes (I think her takes a nap after every box her unpacks). BOL

3 doxies said...

Okays dis is much betters...all da recipes I has seen calls fur flour and we has NO flour. But obviously we ain't got no more PEE-CANS eithers!!!!!!! Oh where is da love??
My life is a joke but dat does look likes a good recipe.


Puddles

Sweet William The Scot said...

Oh we loves those. And they are easy to make. Easy is a good thing. I'm the cookie monster. Give me cookie.
Sweet William The Scot

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMD THOSE look SCRUMPTIOUS...
Have you ever tried them using SALTINES instead of Graham Crackers?
That is how Paula Deen makes them.

The Daily Pip said...

These sound yummy and like something my assistant could handle. She isn't really much of a baker

Ruby

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh yeah, am adding these to my list of 'must do' for Christmas...may not be able to source pecans so easily in Scotland but I am thinking walnuts might be a goer. Slurperoonies!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Ziggy Stardust said...

They look ridiculously delicious!! I want one. I am joining too so please come and see mine when you can. Baking is fun but eating is better.

Loveys Sasha

Dachshund Nola said...

Oooh, yummy!
Nola

Scooter said...

Hey Taffy!
Wow, those look amazing! My Mom makes something like these with regular saltines, then melts choc chips over them. Tastes like a heath bar! She'll be trying your version asap. BOL
Grr and a Festive Woof,
Sarge, Pol Comm

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

OMD, those look yummlicous.
2 dozen each please!!

♥♥Mona & Prissy

houndstooth said...

Oh, those sound delicious! Thanks for sharing!



Bunny

Daisy said...

Hi Taffy! Thank you for paw-ticipating in my blog hop! We made a trip to the grocery store tonight and just finished making the delicious goodness cookies. Mmmmmmmm....soooo, soooooo good! Thanks for picking this recipe to share!
oxox
Daisy

Molly the Airedale said...

We might be stealin' this recipe! You have us both drooling, Taffy!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Mollie said...

OMD yum yum we don't have those crackers over the pond, what could I use Taffy :) xxooxxx

Mollie and Alfie

Murphy said...

Our mom is not domestic. That is what she says when we beg her to bake us something special. Stanley says he thinks you bake delicious biscuits. Is this true?

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

KB said...

I'm like Murphy's mom, not domestic, so your cookies sound very elaborate and yummy to me!

I heard that Stanley asked you to the bash, Taffy. I'm so happy!